“Perfect light meal, served with your favourite bread”
2 tbsp. Butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 medium potato, cubed
2 tsp. brown sugar & butter (for squash)
2 cups cooked squash (baked in oven with butter & brown sugar)
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth (low salt)
Dash of cinnamon & allspice
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add onion, celery, carrot & potato. Coat with butter and sauté for about 5 minutes until slightly browned.
- Add 2 cups of broth and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Let cool about 10 minutes. Then transfer in small batches to blender, adding some squash to each. Blend smooth.
- Return blended vegetables to the saucepan, add remaining broth & the rest of the squash. Sprinkle with cinnamon & allspice. Add salt & pepper to taste. Heat on low, stirring so it does not burn.
- Freezes well if there is any leftover.
|Calories: 74||Total Carbs: 11g|
|Total fat: 3.3g||Fibre: 2.1g|
|Cholesterol: 7.8mg||Sugars: 2.2g|
|Sodium: 201mg||Protein: 1.5g|