Try this as an appetizer or an after dinner treat.
1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
6 slices Ezekiel bread
1 tbsp olive oil
2 c. strawberries, washed & diced
2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves (+ more for garnish)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat vinegar over med-low heat, simmer until reduced by ½ (8-10 min)
- Cool to room temperature.
- Drizzle olive oil on bread & grill (or toast) until browned.
- Combine strawberries & thyme in small bowl, set aside.
- Add salt, pepper & vinegar to strawberry mixture. Spread goat cheese on bread. Spoon strawberry mixture onto goat cheese bread. Garnish with additional thyme.